Self reflection always appeals to me, so I thought I would give it a go. I'm months behind, but I thought I might just go through them at my own pace now.
Week 15: List Your Favourite Quotes
Wow, this one is going to be near impossible for me. I love quotes and have books filled with quotes that I love. Here are some of my faves
- Never deprive someone of hope, it might be all they have
- Let no-one ever come to you without leaving better or happier (Mother Theresa)
- The desire to reach for the stars is ambitious, the desire to reach hearts is wise (Maya Angelou)
- People will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel. (Maya Angelou)
- May every soul that touches mine, be it the slightest contact, get therefrom some good, some little glance, one kindly thought, one aspiration yet unfelt, one bit of courage for the darkening sky. One gleam of faith to brave the thickening ills of life, one glimpse of brighter skies beyond the gathering mists to make this life worthwhile. (George Eliot).
- When I look back on all these worries, I remember the story of the old man who said on his deathbed that he had a lot of trouble in his life, most of which had never happened.
- Enjoy the little things in life, for one day, you will look back and realise they were the big things.
- Watch your thoughts; they become words. Watch your words; they become actions. Watch your actions; they become habits. Watch your habits; they become character. Watch your character; it becomes your destiny. (Lao Tzu.)
- The unexamined life is not worth living (Socrates)
- Whether you think you can or think you cant, you’re right. (Henry Ford)
- When we are motivated by goals that have deep meaning, by dreams that need completion, by pure love that needs expressing, then we truly live life. (Greg Anderson)
- You may not have saved a lot of money in your life, but if you have saved a lot of heartaches for other folks, you are a pretty rich man. (Seth Parker)
- When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be (Lao Tsu)
- Half our mistakes in life arise from feeling where we ought to think, and thinking where we ought to feel (John Churton Collins)
- Compassion can be defined in many ways, but its essence is a basic human kindness, with a deep awareness of the suffering of oneself and of other living beings, coupled with a wish and an effort to relieve it. (Paul Gilbert)
- You can only lose something you have, you cannot lose something you are (Ekart Tolle)
- Tell me whom/what you love, and I will tell you who you are (Houssaye)
- You can tell more about a man by what he says about others, than by what others say about him.
- Never regret the things you have done in life, for at some point in time it was exactly what you wanted.
- A person who has good thoughts cannot ever be ugly. You can have a wonky nose and a crooked mouth and a double chin and stick-out teeth, but if you have good thoughts they will shine out of your face like sunbeams and you will always look lovely. (Roald Dahl)
Of course I have dozens more, but these are just a few. I might even come back and add more later.
It will be really interesting to look back on these in a week, a month, a year or more and see how these have changed. Part of the reason I love doing these things is because they are so reflective of your current 'at this very moment' self, and therefore, even if I did this again tomorrow, I am sure some of the things would be different.