What's Pure Happiness???

It's Pure Happiness is a blog of things I like, love or find inspiring.
It might be pictures, quotes, songs, books, products or foods.
Basically, it's things that make up a life of Pure Happiness.


December 31, 2010

End of 2010 Meme

 Here's an end of 2010 Meme lots of bloggers have been doing.



1) Was 2010 a good year for you? If I am being completely honest then No. After a great first few weeks of 2010, my fiance and I ended up being jobless and having to stay with our parents for 9 months. This definitely took its toll on our mental health. There were fun times and good days, but the overarching description for 2010 -Depression.

2) What was your favorite moment of the year? Many great moments - ringing in the New Year at the Sydney Fireworks, feeling them raining down on us, a fabulous beach holiday (and some great times snorkelling, swimming, and laughing alot), a lovely engagement anniversary day, lots of road trips (on the way to job interviews), seeing turtles in the wild and being so caught up we got drenched in a storm and great times at a theme park.

3) What was your least favorite moment of the year? Oh so many. Missing out on jobs, having to turn down jobs, the moment i realised i couldn't financially support my fiancé to go to uni, all the overriding low times.

4) Where were you when 2010 began? Under the Sydney harbour Bridge, with a zillion people, screaming and cheering as fireworks exploded overhead and rained down on us. Most importantly, i was with my fiancé and we were having a great adventure.

5) Who were you with? Fiance.

6 ) Where will you be when 2010 ends? Fiancé and I will be at Brisbane fireworks this time. Having fun.

7) Who will you be with when 2010 ends? Fiancé (are u getting that my fiancé and I are always together)

8.) Did you keep your New Year’s resolution of 2009? I didnt make any real resolutions -i had a lot of hopes and wishes (getting a job i loved, which later turned in to getting a job at all, getting married, saving money, having lots of fun and crazy times). None of these really happened. 

9) Did you break up with anyone in 2010? No.

10) Did you make any new friends in 2010? Yes - some of my work colleagues have actually turned into good friends.

11) Who are your favorite new friends? Some people from work.

12) What was your favorite month of 2010? January - a beach holiday and I still had hope and optimism for the year to come.

13) Did you go abroad in 2010? Nope.

14) How many different states did you travel to in 2010? Within Australia - NSW, ACT and QLD.

15) Did you lose anybody close to you in 2010? Nobody really close to me died in 2010.

16) Did you miss anybody in the past year? My sisters. My clients. My fiancé.

17) What was your favorite movie that you saw in 2010? I didnt watch a lot of movies in 2010 - but Harry Potter is always up there.

18) What was your favorite album from 2010? Mousetrap heart - Thirsty Merc. I love it.

19) How many concerts did you see in 2010? None actually.

20) Did you have a favorite concert in 2010? na

21) Did you drink a lot of alcohol in 2010? Yes, quite a bit when I got the chance. I discovered a number of new wines I quite enjoy.

22) Did you do a lot of drugs in 2010? No. None.

23) Did you do anything you are ashamed of this year? Yes, failed to get a job for 9 months and failed to find a way to make it work so my fiancé could go back and study. (ok, maybe not ashamed, more like disappointed with myself).

24) What was the biggest lie you told in 2010? Constantly telling everyone 'everything is ok, i'm fine' when that was far from the truth.

25) What was the worst lie someone told you in 2010? (I dont know) Maybe the one about 'we will let u know in 3 weeks if u get the job' and then proceeded to tell me in 3 weeks they wanted to reinterview (meanwhile, i found out someone else had started 2 weeks earlier).

26) Did you treat somebody badly in 2010? I very probably did. I had an awful year and was not myself. It wasn't my intention to treat anyone badly, but I suspect that I did. Probably my fiancé.

27) Did somebody treat you badly in 2010? For the most part people tried not to.

28) How much money did you spend in 2010? For the 9 months I was jobless -very little. Since I found a job - a bit more. But not really very much.

29) What was your most embarrassing moment of 2010? Vomiting on New Years.

30.) What is one thing you did in 2010 that you’d never done before?  Slept in a train station in Sydney. Became a train commuter.... not sure what else.

31.) Did someone close to you give birth?  No. A few cousins did, but I dont really know them very well.

32.) What would you like to have in 2011 that you lacked in 2010? A job i love. An even better relationship with my fiancé.

33.) What dates from 2010 will remain etched upon your memory, and why? New Years (in Syd), early Jan (wonderful beach holiday), April 9 (graduated again), fiancé and my birthdays (good fun days despite our situation) and probs Christmas aswell (well, der, its Xmas).

34.) What was your biggest achievement of the year? Graduating with my Masters.

35.) What was your biggest failure? Not being able to get a job so that I could support my fiancé through uni (something he really really wanted)

36.) Did you suffer illness or injury? Not really. I did get tackled backwards off a park bench and landed on my elbow which I probs should have seen a Dr about. I dont think it was broken.

37.) What was the best thing you bought? oooh, um .... some things for my fiancé, maybe a few of the dresses I bought, a gorgeous turtle pendant. Some fantastic textbooks.

38.) Whose behavior merited celebration? Hmmmm. Thats an interesting one. I dont honestly know.

39.) Whose behavior made you appalled? Some work colleagues and some family members.

40.) Where did most of your money go? Rent, bills, food. (dont worry, i still had fun, i still bought other things)

41.) What did you get really, really, really excited about? The possibility of getting a job doing something i really love. Also going to a theme park. Also seeing turtles in the wild, really close to me. Ok - it turns out I get excited quite a lot.

42.) Compared to this time last year, are you: a) happier or hardened?  b) more foolish or wiser?  c) richer or poorer? Hardened, wiser and similar financially.

43.) What do you wish you’d done more of? Spending quality time with my fiance and my sisters. Had more fun.

44.) What do you wish you’d done less of? Worrying.

45.) How did you spend Christmas? My parents and my sister came to spend Xmas with my fiance and i. We had a big feast and all got some lovely presents.

46.) Did you fall in love in 2010? Stayed in love.

47.) Any one-night stands? No.

48.) What was your favorite TV program? Offspring. Also loved Criminal Minds, Packed to the Rafters and Bones.

49.) Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year? Hate is a very strong emotion. Not really.

50.) What was the best book you read? Hmmmm, I have read so many great books this year I cant even begin to list them.

51.) What was your greatest musical discovery? Didn't really discover anyone new.

52.) What did you want and get? A job (eventually).

53.) What did you want and not get? A job i LOVED. A wedding. A holiday.

54.) What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you? I was 26. On my actual birthday, I went for a beach walk, had a toffee apple, hung out with my fiance during the day. Had a big arvo tea with my family, with party food. Then went out to dinner with my fiance. The next night we had a big roast dinner (my choice) for a birthday celebration with my parents and one of my sisters.

55.) What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? A job i loved early in the year.

56.) How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2010? Hmmm ... well cos i was jobless so long, the fashion was lazy, comfy, getting around the house type of clothes (shame). I am loving and wearing dresses alot more though.

57.) What kept you sane? My fiance, my sisters, reading, blogging/reading blogs and Austar (mindless tv, didnt have to think about my own life)

58.) Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most? Um ..not sure.

59.) What song will always remind you of 2010? Thirsty Merc "i failed myself and i failed you too and it hurts like hell" and also TM "DNA" - cos i love it and its boppy.

60.) Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2010? Stressing and worrying doesn't actually help much. You may as well just try to make the best of what is going on.
Also, money is not everything.

61.) Quote a song lyric that sums up the year.

Really not sure

as I wrote before "i failed you too and it hurts like hell' - Thirsty Merc
also maybe Nightminds by Missy Higgins.

what song starts with a bunch of hope and dreams and positivity and goes downhill steadily, until finally it chooses to accept things and start to move on.

--------
So, there u go. That's my 2010 End of Year Meme.
What would your 2010 Meme look like ???

No comments:

Post a Comment