What's Pure Happiness???

It's Pure Happiness is a blog of things I like, love or find inspiring.
It might be pictures, quotes, songs, books, products or foods.
Basically, it's things that make up a life of Pure Happiness.


December 15, 2010

Taking a little meme time - Christmas

Let's talk Christmas. I'm in a naughty and nice mood.  Some are one-word answers, others need a little explanation. Feel free to elaborate when the blog spirit moves ya. And above all else...Have fun!

1. Amazon.com or the Mall
mall - i love going to the shops around Christmas - yes its busy, but it builds excitement, and there is always so much to look at.

2. Bows or ribbons
neither usually - but i would say ribbon

3. Expensive or sale tags
sale

4. Long list or short
long - the more that is on it, the more likely people might actually pay attention to it and get you something from on it. Although, i must admit, this year mine is rather small.

5. Wrapped packages or gift bags
wrapped - more fun to do, more fun to undo.

6. Eggnog or vodka
Both. Although i must admit, a raspberry and butterscotch eggnog my dad makes is VERY tasty. Always good with Christmas morning brekkie.

7. Have you finished your shopping?
no, i havent. I am very disorganised this year.

8. A Christmas Carol or The Bible Story
A Christmas Carol

9. Are you Scrooge or Santa's Helper?
Santa's helper - most definitely - i love Christmas.

10. Did you ever catch Santa Claus in the act?
No. I had a very clever/sneaky Santa Claus.

11. Tell me about your Christmas tree...gotta pic?
Unfortunately this year we are staying at somebody else's place - and we just have a small plastic tree. Usually my family gets a real tree and that gorgeous scent wafts around the house. Always decked out with lots of lights and decorations - usually bordering more on gaudy, childish and fun, rather than classic, modern or refined.

12. Christmas carols or Rock Station
I love a few Christmas carols in the lead up to Christmas - currently have 'Santa Baby' in my head.

13. Do you believe in Elves?
well ... no. But i wish they really did exist.

14. I am looking for Santa. Describe him for me. 
Happy, jolly, friendly. Nice older man, big white fluffy beard, red rosy cheeks, a red suit, bit black boots, a big jiggly laughing belly.

15. Do you leave cookies out or bourbon?
Nothing anymore, we always left out some biscuits and beer for Santa and a carrot and water for the reindeer.

16. White lights or multi-colored
Multi coloured. The more they flash, chase or blink the better.

17. Wreaths on the doors, windows, outside?
I quite like wreaths, but dont usually have one.

18. Who are the 3 wisest wise men in your life?
There are only 2 - my dad and my fiance. Other wise men have come and gone, past supervisors at work, and uncles who have passed away.

19. Is Christmas religious or commercial for you?
Commercial - i think it is sad that it is becoming more and more commercial each year, but I have never really celebrated the religious aspect.

20. Ever kiss under the mistletoe?
Fake mistletoe - yeop.

21. Stars or angels on top of the tree 
Star

22. Who deserves to get a lump of coal for Christmas and why?
I hope that nobody gets a lump of coal - i always want people to get something nice .... there are certainly people who I think need to think about the way they treat others and the way they act, but I still hope they get something nice.

23. Who is #7 in the 12 Days of Christmas song?

- not really sure -

24. Snail mail cards or e-cards
Snail mail cards

25. What do you want for Christmas?
There is nothing i desperately want this year - a few books, some funky things to add to my accessories, anything turtle related .... I dont really know.
I'm kind of in a bit of limbo right now, and dont have my own place or know what I am doing in the new year, so I am reluctant to ask for too much, until I am settled.

No comments:

Post a Comment