What's Pure Happiness???

It's Pure Happiness is a blog of things I like, love or find inspiring.
It might be pictures, quotes, songs, books, products or foods.
Basically, it's things that make up a life of Pure Happiness.


April 19, 2013

52 Lists: Your Greatest Comforts



'52 Lists' is a blog activity started by Moorea-seal, based on a book called 'List Yourself'.
Self reflection always appeals to me, so I thought I would give it a go. I'm months behind, but I thought I might just go through them at my own pace now.
List Your Greatest Comforts
  • Hugs from my husband
  • Being snuggled down under a warm doona, with a cold breeze blowing on my face
  • Being with my sisters
  • Curry
  • Reading inspirational quotes
  • Fairy bread
  • The smell of baking (cakes, scones, cookies)
  • A massively oversize knit jumper
  • Rainbows created by crystals
  • Watching a turtle swimming peacefully along (on Youtube - there are no sea turtles here)
  • Reading in bed
  • The beach - the sound of the waves, the smell, the feeling.
  • Lipgloss
  • Vegemite and chip sandwiches on fresh white bread
  • A mug of hot chocolate
  • Singing along, loudly, to music
  • Jumping into a newly made bed with clean flannelette sheets
  • Cleaning my teeth
  • Swimming - pool or beach, doesnt matter
  • Walking in a sun shower
 I think this list was about what comforts you when you are feeling sick, emotional, tired, cold or just fed up and in need of something heartening. There are probably heaps more, but these are what come to mind at the moment.
It will be really interesting to look back on these in a week, a month, a year or more and see how it has changed. Part of the reason I love doing these things is because they are so reflective of your current 'at this very moment' self, and therefore, even if I did this again tomorrow, I am sure some of the things would be different.


No comments:

Post a Comment